AIR-FLOW® - GENTLE REMOVAL OF BIOFILM AND STAINS
Removal of biofilm, stains and young calculus. Cleans and polishes in one single procedure.
Air-polishing is a method of removing biofilm and stains with the help of kinetic energy. Using a mixture of air, the corresponding powders and water, teeth, implants and soft tissue are effectively yet gently cleaned. The biofilm, which consists of bacteria and other microorganisms, is thus removed without the use of chemical products.
THE BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR PATIENTS:
- Removes subgingival and supragingival biofilm, the main cause of tooth decay, gingivitis, periodontitis, peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantitis
- Cleaning is quicker, more thorough and gentler on the tooth structure than tooth polishing with paste and rubber cups, even in areas that are difficult to reach
- Also ideal for interdental cleaning, in case of misaligned teeth, deep fissures and in the sulcus
- Removes tooth discolouration
- Gentle cleaning of fixed orthodontic appliances
Additional features refer powder specific indications