GUIDED BIOFILM THERAPY
THE MINIMALLY INVASIVE WAY
NO MORE RUBBER CUPS
NO MORE BRUSHES
NO MORE PASTE
LESS USE OF POWER AND HAND INSTRUMENTATION
WHAT IS GBT?
Guided Biofilm Therapy is the systematic, predictable solution for dental biofilm management in professional prophylaxis using state of the art AIRFLOW®, PERIOFLOW® and PIEZON® technologies. It is proven by scientific evidence.
Guided Biofilm Therapy consists of treatment protocols based on individual patient diagnosis and risk assessment in order to achieve optimal results. The treatment is given in the least invasive way, with the highest level of comfort, safety and efficiency.
Guided Biofilm Therapy includes Oral Hygiene Instructions with Philips Sonicare toothbrushes and Airfloss plus patient education and motivation to maintain natural teeth and implants for as long as possible. Join the Swiss Dental Academy and learn more about «GBT».
WHY IS GBT A 'GAME CHANGER'?
Dental biofilm is the main etiologic factor for caries, periodontal and peri-implant infections. Periodontitis can increase the risk of systemic diseases, such as cardiovascular and respiratory disease, arthritis or diabetes. Regular oral hygiene, combined with professional measures keeps biofilm under control – for a better oral and systemic health. Axelsson and Lindhe established preventive dentistry in the 1970's with studies and clinical protocols based on prophylaxis in "recall hours". GBT follows the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP) recommendations on Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal (PMPR) and Oral Hygiene Instructions (OHI) for Home Care of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP).
"Periodontal Health — for a better life!"
THE 8 STEPS OF THE GBT PROTOCOL:
Probe and screen every clinical case: Healthy teeth, caries, gingivitis, periodontitis, healthy implants, mucositis, peri-implantitis. Start by rinsing with BacterX mouthwash.
Make biofilm visible: Show patient disclosed biofilm. The color will guide the biofilm removal. Once biofilm is removed, calculus is easier to detect.
Raise awareness and teach: Emphasize on prevention. Instruct your patients on oral hygiene. Recommend Sonicare toothbrushes and interdental brushes or Airfloss Ultra.
Remove biofilm, stains and young calculus: Natural teeth, restorations and implants. Remove biofilm supra- and subgingivally up to 4 mm using 14 μm PLUS powder. Remove remaining stains on enamel using CLASSIC COMFORT powder. Also remove biofilm from gingiva, tongue and palate.Discover AIRFLOW®
Remove remaining calculus: Use the minimally invasive EMS PS instrument supra-and sugingivally up to 10 mm Clean > 10 mm pockets with mini curette. Use EMS PI instrument around implants and restorations.Discover PIEZON®
Make your patient smile: Do a final check for remaining biofilm Ensure calculus is fully removed. Accurately diagnose caries Protect with fluoride.
Healthy patient = Happy patient: Schedule recall frequency according to risk assessment. Ask your patient if he or she was pleased with the treatment.
GBT is for everyone:
- GBT is the new approach in professional prophylaxis for biofilm management.
- GBT is the foundation of a successful prevention of periodontal and peri-implant disease.
- GBT plays an important role in maintaining oral health helping prevent/control oral/systemic diseases such as atherosclerosis, respiratory problems, erectile dysfunction, diabetes, heart problems...
- GBT helps early detection of white spots and caries hence being minimally invasive.
- GBT is the systematic approach for prevention and maintenance of all orthodontic appliances.
- GBT hinders gingival overgrowth, gingivitis and recession.
- GBT helps early detection and subsequent prevention of white spots and caries.
- GBT maintains integrity of the orthodontic appliances hence minimizing biofilm accumulation.
- GBT is the only predictable solution for implant maintenance.
- Treating mucositis with GBT can help prevent peri-implantitis.
- GBT is indispensable for pre-treatment, post-operative and life long maintenance of implants.
THE AIM OF GBT:
PRESERVE HEALTHY TEETH
Biofilm is not always visible to the naked eye. Disclosing biofilm helps to remove all of it. AIRFLOW® is minimal invasive on all types of dental tissues: dentin, cementum, enamel and gums. GBT prevents caries and gum disease prevents caries and gum disease on children and adults.
MAINTAIN ORTHODONTIC PATIENTS
Orthodontic appliances increase biofilm growth in areas not accessible by daily brushing and traditional prophylaxis. Biofilm creates wire friction gingivitis and caries. AIRFLOW® with PLUS powder removes biofilm with full access to critical areas, being safe and effective on teeth and brackets. It prevents caries and hyperplasia.
PERIOFLOW® with powder PLUS removes sub-gingival biofilm with unequalled limitation of peri-implant bleeding. PIEZON® PI instrument removes the remaining abutment calculus preserving the implant surface.