ASSESS EVERY CLINICAL CASE AND IMPLEMENT HYGIENE MEASURES
- Start by rinsing with BacterX® Pro mouthwash
- Assess teeth, gingiva and periodontal tissues
- Assess implants and peri-implant tissues
MAKE BIOFILM VISIBLE
- Highlight to patients the disclosed biofilm and their problematic areas with EMS Biofilm Discloser
- The color will guide biofilm removal
- Once biofilm is removed, calculus is easier to detect
RAISE AWARENESS AND TEACH
- Emphasize the importance of prevention
- Instruct your patients in oral hygiene
- EMS recommends interdental brushes or dental floss as well as electric or manual toothbrushes and AIRFLOW® erythritol toothpaste for daily home care
REMOVE BIOFILM, STAINS AND EARLY CALCULUS
- Use AIRFLOW® for natural teeth,restorations and implants
- Remove biofilm supra- and subgingivally up to 4mm using AIRFLOW® PLUS 14 μm Powder
- Also remove biofilm from gingiva, tongue and palate
- Remove remaining stains on enamel using AIRFLOW® CLASSIC Comfort Powder
REMOVE BIOFILM IN >4 TO 9 MM POCKETS
- Use AIRFLOW® PLUS Powder on natural teeth in deep pockets and root furcations and on implants
- Use new and slimmer PERIOFLOW® Nozzle
REMOVE REMAINING CALCULUS
- Use the minimally invasive EMS PIEZON® PS Instrument supra- and subgingivally up to 10 mm
- Clean > 10 mm pockets with mini curette
- Use EMS PIEZON® PI Instrument around implants up to 3 mm subgingivally and on restorations
THE MINIMALLY INVASIVE WAY
NO MORE RUBBER CUPS
NO MORE BRUSHES
NO MORE PASTE
LESS USE OF POWER AND HAND INSTRUMENTATION
WHAT IS GBT?
Guided Biofilm Therapy is the systematic, predictable solution for dental biofilm management in professional prophylaxis using state of the art AIRFLOW®, PERIOFLOW® and PIEZON® technologies. It is proven by scientific evidence.
Guided Biofilm Therapy consists of treatment protocols based on individual patient diagnosis and risk assessment in order to achieve optimal results. The treatment is given in the least invasive way, with the highest level of comfort, safety and efficiency.
Guided Biofilm Therapy includes Oral Hygiene Instructions with Philips Sonicare toothbrushes and Airfloss plus patient education and motivation to maintain natural teeth and implants for as long as possible. Join the Swiss Dental Academy and learn more about «GBT».
WHY IS GBT A "GAME CHANGER"?
Dental biofilm is the main etiologic factor for caries, periodontal and peri-implant infections. Periodontitis can increase the risk of systemic diseases, such as cardiovascular and respiratory disease, arthritis or diabetes.
Regular oral hygiene, combined with professional measures keeps biofilm under control – for a better oral and systemic health. Axelsson and Lindhe established preventive dentistry in the 1970's with studies and clinical protocols based on prophylaxis in "recall hours".
GBT follows the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP) recommendations on Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal (PMPR) and Oral Hygiene Instructions (OHI) for Home Care of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP).
"Periodontal Health — for a better life!"
THE 8 STEPS OF THE GBT PROTOCOL:
GBT is for everyone:
PROPHYLAXIS / GENERAL DENTISTRY
- GBT is the new approach in professional prophylaxis for biofilm management.
- GBT is the foundation of a successful prevention of periodontal and peri-implant disease.
- GBT plays an important role in maintaining oral health helping prevent/control oral/systemic diseases such as atherosclerosis, respiratory problems, erectile dysfunction, diabetes, heart problems...
- GBT helps early detection of white spots and caries hence being minimally invasive.
- GBT is the systematic approach for prevention and maintenance of all orthodontic appliances.
- GBT hinders gingival overgrowth, gingivitis and recession.
- GBT helps early detection and subsequent prevention of white spots and caries.
- GBT maintains integrity of the orthodontic appliances hence minimizing biofilm accumulation.
- GBT is the only predictable solution for implant maintenance.
- Treating mucositis with GBT can help prevent peri-implantitis.
- GBT is indispensable for pre-treatment, post-operative and life long maintenance of implants.
- GBT is an integral part of non-surgical periodontal therapy.
- GBT is part of the preparation procedure before any surgical act.
- GBT encourages higher patient motivation in addition to building trust and confidence in the clinician.
- GBT is a key factor for a long term maintenance after all periodontal treatments.
- GBT reduces sensitivity due to its minimal invasiveness.
- GBT assures a quality treatment with precision & safety.
- GBT guarantees maximum patient comfort.
- GBT is recommended before and after any surgical procedure, to remove biofilm and work in a clean environment.