USE A DISCLOSING AGENT TO GUIDE BIOFILM REMOVAL
- Demonstrate biofilm presence to the patient
- The color enables clinicians to see biofilm so they can be thorough in removing it
- Once biofilm is removed, calculus is easier to detect
WHY DISCLOSE BIOFILM?
- Since biofilm is barely visible to the naked eye
- For patient motivation and Oral Health Instruction (OHI)
- To guide clinicians in AIRFLOW® biofilm removal
- Color removal = biofilm removal
In 2016, German independent consumer group “Stiftung Warentest” revealed that only 50% of dental biofilm is removed during professional tooth cleaning. The GBT ‘disclose’ step ensures that clinicians do not overlook removing any biofilm present.