MAKE BIOFILM VISIBLE
- Show patient disclosed biofilm
- The color will guide the biofilm removal
- Once biofilm is removed, calculus is easier to detect
WHY DISCLOSE BIOFILM?
- Most of the biofilm is invisible to the naked-eye
- For patient motivation and Oral Health Instruction (OHI)
- To guide clinicians to use AIRFLOW® only where it’s needed
- Evidence of clinical outcome: Color removed = biofilm removal
I realized that disclosing the patient is not just about showing the patient where the biofilm remains... but it is also a critical part of effective biofilm removal for us as the clinician.